It is challenging to choose the best dry cabinet for camera in India as per your requirements.
Are you a photography enthusiast looking for the best way to protect your camera gear in India? Look no further!
In this article, we will be discussing the top dry cabinets available in the Indian market, designed to keep your camera equipment safe and dry, preventing damage from humidity and dust.
Table of Contents
Here are the Top 5 Best Dry Cabinet for Camera in India
|Dry Cabinet||Capacity||Gross weight|
|1. HINISO AD-30C||34 Litres||8.5 kg|
|2. ANDBON Electronic||50 Litres||10.8 kg|
|3. HINISO AB-21C||21 Litres||4.75 kg|
|4. Andbon AD-30C||30 Litres||7.6 kg|
|5. HINISO AD-120S||139 Litres||25 kg|
1. HINISO AD-30C 34 Liters Capacity Digital Display Dry Cabinet
- Capacity: 34 liters
- Mounting Hardware: Dry Cabinet, Adapter, and Manual
- Product Dimension: 49 x 43.1 x 38.9 cm
- Material: Metal
- Batteries not required
- Protects from moth, mildew, rust, dust, fungus, etc.
- The humidity level of 25 to 60 percent
This Dry Cabinet for the camera by HINISO comes with thermoelectric cooling technology which is also known as a semiconductor that is quick, quiet, heatless, and therefore protects your items from moisture, moth, mildew, rust, dust, fungus, rust, oxidation, warping and etc.
it also has safe direct current input hence there are no leakage risks and potential fire dangers, in addition, you can place this camera dry cabinet box in your bedroom or baby room without worrying about radiation.
This dry cabinet also has a humidity sensor which gives accurate humidity control with plus/minus 5 percent vary, you can control the relative humidity level inside this dry cabinet storage in the range of 25 to 60 percent.
It will start working immediately after turning it on. It also has adjustable shelves for easy storage and retrieval.
It is the best dry cabinet for the camera in India if you do have not that many pieces of equipment with you.
2. ANDBON Electronic Digital Display Dry Cabinet Storage
- Capacity: 50 litres
- Product Dimension: 290 mm x 320 mm x 605 mm
- Gross weight: 10.8 kg
- Material: Metal
- Batteries not required
- 4mm toughened glass
This Electronic Digital Display Dry Cabinet for the camera has a capacity of 50 liters with a gross weight of 10.8 kg. It also has a humidity controller which ranges from 25 -60 percent RH.
It also includes a mechanical knob 5 stepless adjustment moisture mode.
This dry cabinet for DSLR has both LEDs and an LCD dual display for temperature and humidity. The door of this dry cabinet is made of aluminum alloy with 4mm toughened glass. The build quality of this cabinet is great. You will definitely love it after using it for some time.
There is 3 button on the top right corner of the cabinet to control the humidity level. It uses a thermocouple-based dehumidifier.
3. HINISO AB-21C 21L Liters Capacity Digital Display Dry Cabinet
- Capacity: 21 litres
- Gross weight: 4.75 kg
- Product Dimension: 42.29 x 33.2 x 31.8 cm
- Material: Metal
If you are a photography enthusiast this model is not recommended. You can go with the above model which has more space to store your gear.
As it is a dry cabinet for cameras it does not mean you will store only camera equipment. You can also store items such as paintings, paper money, stamps, old books, leather, antiques, musical instrument, camera lenses, cameras, teas, tobacco, precious metals, jewelry, electrical components and etc.
All you have to do is place your equipment and set your humidity level as per your requirements.
Also, make sure to place it in a corner so that it will work perfectly without any issue. Avoid storing it under a fan otherwise, you may observe fluctuation in the humidity range of +-5%.
Some people call it best dry cabinet for camera in India . It is one of the best dehumidifiers in India if you have a few pieces of equipment.
4. Andbon AD-30C 30 Liters Capacity Digital Display Dry Cabinet
- Capacity: 30 litres
- Mounting Hardware: Dry Cabinet
- Gross weight: 7.6 kg
- Product Dimension: 110 x 50 x 60 cm
- Material: Metal
This dry cabinet for camera in india has a capacity of 30 liters with a Moisture control range from 25% to 60% RH rotary knob 5 stepless adjustment. It also has a dual display such as LCD & LED for temperature and humidity.
You can adjust this cabinet at your convenience. The door of this dry cabinet is made of alloy steel which ensures that it lasts longer without tear and wear. It is also installed with 4 mm toughened glass which protects from leakage issues.
The input power of this product is AC 110 to 220V with an output DC of 5V, 2 ampere. It consumes 3.5 watts per hour.
The net weight of this dry cabinet is 6.5 kg and the gross weight is 7.6 kg. It is the best dehumidifier in India if you are looking for a medium size.
5. HINISO AD-120S 139 litres Electronic Dry Cabinet with Humidity Controller & Digital Display
- Capacity: 139 litres
- Mounting Hardware: Dry Cabinet, Adapter and Manual
- Gross weight: 25 Kilograms
- Product Dimension: 38 x 39 x 100 cm
- Material: Metal
Are you a photography enthusiast? Are you looking for a dry cabinet for camera in India?
This product is absolutely for you. As it has a capacity of 139 liters you can store all your gears inside it.
This dry cabinet is highly efficient, energy-saving, and non-polluting. Internal placement of the humidity control elements protects the gears from damage. The glass door of this cabinet is made of high-quality tempered glass.
It is moisture-proof, dust-proof, and has an excellent air-tight seal so that it will work as per your expectation without any fluctuation. It also has an easy-to-read LCD screen through which you can check your cabinet humidification level and temperature.
It is easy to use and convenient for any season. The glass of this dry cabinet is crystal clear so that you can see what is inside the cabinet through it.
This dry cabinet for cameras in India is highly recommended if you have a large amount of equipment.
Definition of Dry Cabinet: What Exactly is a Dry Cabinet?
A dry cabinet is a sealed storage unit that is used to control the humidity level inside the cabinet. This makes it an ideal storage solution for a variety of items that are sensitive to humidity, such as:
- Camera equipment: Lenses, cameras, and other photography equipment are sensitive to moisture damage, including mould growth. By maintaining a safe level of humidity, a dry cabinet can help in the protection of this equipment.
- Electronic equipment: Humidity can harm electronic devices like computers, servers, and telecommunications equipment. A dry cabinet can safeguard them by maintaining a low humidity level.
- Musical instruments: Humidity can harm stringed instruments including cellos, violins, and guitars. By maintaining an appropriate amount of humidity, a dry cabinet can aid in the protection of these equipments.
- Art and Collectibles: Artwork, collectibles, antiques, and documents are susceptible to mould and mildew growth and are hence sensitive to humidity.
- Pharmaceuticals and Medical Supplies: Some medications and supplies are sensitive to humidity, a dry cabinet can help to safeguard them by maintaining a safe level of humidity.
- Food and Beverages: some foods and drinks are sensitive to humidity, and a dry cabinet can help to preserve them by keeping the humidity level at a safe level.
These are a few examples of what can be kept in a dry cabinet, but other goods that are sensitive to humidity can also be kept there.
Dry cabinet for camera in India – Buying Guide
- Capacity: The size of the dry cabinet will depend on how much equipment you need to store. Measure the equipment you plan to store and choose a cabinet that will accommodate it.
- Humidity control: Look for a cabinet with a built-in humidistat that can control the humidity level within the cabinet. The humidity level should be adjustable between 40% and 60%.
- Material: Dry cabinets are typically made of metal or plastic. Metal cabinets are more durable and fire-resistant, but they can be heavier and more expensive. Plastic cabinets are lightweight and less expensive, but they may not be as durable.
- Brand: Look for well-known brands that have a good reputation for producing high-quality dry cabinets. Research the product reviews and ratings to see what other customers have experienced.
- Price: Compare prices from different brands and models to find the best deal. Remember that a higher price does not always mean a better product.
- Additional features: Some dry cabinets come with additional features such as UV light, which can help to kill bacteria, or an air filter, which can help to purify the air inside the cabinet. Consider whether any of these features would be useful for your needs.
- warranty and customer service: Check the warranty period of the dry cabinet and the customer service provided by the manufacturer. This ensures that you have a reliable support system in case of any issues or defects.
- Location and power supply: Consider the location where you want to place the dry cabinet, and make sure it has a nearby power outlet. Some dry cabinets also have a built-in power outlet, which could be useful for some equipment.
What happens to my dry cabinet if the power goes off?
Depending on the surrounding conditions, a dry cabinet’s internal temperature and humidity will start to rise if the power goes out. The internal temperature and humidity of the cabinet may not significantly change if the power is turned off for a short period of time. The cabinet’s internal temperature and humidity level could increase if the power is turned off for a long time, making it unsuitable for storing sensitive things.
Can I change the configuration of a dry cabinet?
It depends on the dry cabinet’s particular model and maker. Some dry cabinets are made to be easily configurable, allowing you to able to change the settings for the temperature, humidity, and airflow to meet your particular requirements. Other dry cabinets might have preset configurations that can’t be changed. The easiest way to find out if a dry cabinet can be set up to meet your needs is to check the manufacturer’s specifications or refer to the instructions manual.
However, it is important to keep in mind that changing a dry cabinet’s settings might have an impact on how well it functions and even risk damaging the things that are being stored. As a result, it is advisable to consult the manufacturer or an expert before making any changes.
Do dry cabinets require any maintenance?
Yes, frequent maintenance is necessary to keep dry cabinets operating effectively and safeguard the items kept inside. The dry cabinet’s model and the maker will determine its exact maintenance needs, but some common tasks include:
- Cleaning the interior and exterior of the cabinet to remove dust and debris.
- Checking and replacing the desiccant (if applicable) to ensure the cabinet is effectively removing moisture from the air.
- Checking and adjusting the humidity and temperature settings to ensure they are within the recommended range for the stored items.
- Inspecting the seals and gaskets to ensure they are not damaged or worn and that the cabinet is airtight.
It is important to follow to the manufacturer’s maintenance advice and to refer to the manual for further instructions. It’s also advised to hire a professional to perform routine maintenance and inspections to make sure the cabinet is in good operating condition.
What should be the temperature of dry cabinet?
Depending on the particular objects being stored, a dry cabinet’s recommended temperature will vary. Generally, the temperature should be kept as low as it can go without harming the stored items.
It is advised to keep electronics and electrical equipment between 40 and 60 degrees Fahrenheit (5 and 15 degrees Celsius). A slightly greater temperature range of roughly 50-70°F (10-21°C) is recommended for musical instruments. It is advised to keep artwork, pictures, and papers between 60 and 70°F (15 and 21°C) in temperature.
For the precise temperature range recommended for the items you want to store, check the manufacturer’s instructions or read the manual. Avoiding rapid temperature changes is also important since they might lead to moisture inside the cabinet, which could harm the objects that are being stored.
Are dry cabinets necessary?
Even though not everyone needs a dry cabinet, those who need to keep products that are sensitive to temperature and humidity changes may find them to be quite helpful.
Some examples of items that may benefit from being stored in a dry cabinet include:
- Electronics and electrical equipment, such as cameras, computers, and audio equipment.
- Musical instruments, particularly woodwind and string instruments.
- Artwork, photographs, and documents, as humidity can cause paper to warp, discolor, or become moldy.
- Certain chemicals and pharmaceuticals, which may be sensitive to moisture.
- It is important to note that if you are storing items that are particularly sensitive to changes in temperature and humidity, it may be necessary to have a dry cabinet to ensure the longevity of the items.
Additionally, dry cabinets are helpful because they stop moisture from forming on the surface of the stored things as a result of the moist air in the room.
How do I know if my dry cabinet is working?
There are a few ways to determine if a dry cabinet is working properly:
Temperature and humidity readings: The majority of dry cabinets come equipped with a built-in thermometer and hygrometer that show the environment’s current temperature and relative humidity. These readings can be compared to the values that are advised for the objects you are storing.
Visual inspection: Look for droplets of water on the walls inside the cabinet as evidence of moisture or condensation. Condensation or dampness are indicators that the cabinet isn’t operating properly.
Check the desiccant: Check to determine if the desiccant in your dry cabinet needs to be replaced if it has. When a desiccant becomes saturated, it loses its ability to absorb moisture, which causes the cabinet to fail.
Check the seals and gaskets: Make sure the cabinet is airtight and the seals and gaskets are in good condition by inspecting them.
You might need to change the settings or get your dry cabinet checked out by a technician if it isn’t operating properly. When maintaining and maintaining your dry cabinet, it’s essential to stick to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Can I put batteries in a dry cabinet?
Yes, you can put batteries in a dry cabinet, but it is important to consider a few factors before doing so.
Temperature: Batteries can be sensitive to changes in temperature. It’s important to keep the temperature inside the dry cabinet within the recommended range for the type of batteries you are storing.
Humidity: Batteries can be sensitive to changes in humidity. It’s important to keep the humidity inside the dry cabinet low to prevent corrosion on the battery terminals.
Battery type: Different types of batteries have different storage requirements. For example, lithium-ion batteries should be stored at a temperature between 40-45F (4-7C) and a humidity of less than 50%. Alkaline batteries should be stored at room temperature and with a humidity of less than 60%.
Protection: It’s important to keep the batteries in a dry and clean environment to prevent any damage or leakage. You should also keep the batteries in their original packaging or in a sealed plastic bag to prevent them from coming into contact with moisture.
It is important to check the manufacturer’s recommendations or consult the manual for the specific storage requirements for the type of batteries you want to store.
How long do dry cabinets last?
A dry cabinet’s lifespan is determined by a variety of elements, such as the cabinet’s quality, frequency of usage, and amount of care. A high-quality dry cabinet can last for a number of years if it is utilised properly, and maintained. The lifespan could be reduced if it is utilised in severe environments or is not properly maintained.
A dry cabinet’s lifespan is determined by a variety of elements, such as the cabinet’s quality, frequency of usage, and amount of care. A high-quality dry cabinet can last for a number of years if it is utilised properly, maintained, and in a moderate environment. The lifespan could be reduced, though, if it is utilised in severe environments or is not properly maintained.
It is important to go by the manufacturer’s usage and maintenance instructions and to have the cabinet professionally inspected on a regular basis to make sure it is in good operating condition.
The cabinet’s interior and exterior should be cleaned on a regular basis, and the dehumidifier should be checked and replaced if necessary. The humidity and temperature settings should also be checked and adjusted, and the seals and gaskets should be checked to make sure they are not worn or damaged.
In general, depending on usage and environmental factors, a dry cabinet with proper maintenance should last anywhere from a few years to over ten years.
Dry cabinet for camera in India – Conclusion
Every serious photographer in India should consider making an investment in a dry cabinet. Your camera equipment will not only be protected from moisture but also your items will last longer. After extensive research, we have found that the HINISO AD-120S 139 liters is the best dry cabinet for cameras in India, providing the ideal blend of features, performance, and price.
To choose the option that best meets your requirement and budget, it is always a good idea to read product descriptions, reviews, and compare features and prices. Remember that purchasing a quality dry cabinet is an investment in the lifespan of your camera gear.